& these words are all mine.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Tears solve nothing

I cry as if it will mend my wounds.
I cry as if it will heal your heart.
I cry as if it will fix the world.
And weep as if it will weaken your words.
But our sun has been asleep
For how long, who really knows.
One doesn't notice these things until it's too late
Especially through the haze endless tears create
Oh, once that sun illuminated the way to our resting ground,
the spot we aimed to embrace forever.
But with no guiding light
I can only feel a different set of tears
They're enticing a trend of ghoulish fiends
They're a feast for these monstrous things
And they come to bequest this fallacy of love
Yeah,
Love was nothing more than a hopeful notion anyhow
It was our storybook written, day by day,
Page by page
No one could peek ahead and see
That the ending was a gruesome severance
Both protagonists once of high reverence
Now reduced to a coroner's bin fillings
Now words,
Summarized on papers,
Hole punched and bound
Filed and tucked away
Neatly, more or less,
Depending on the deputy
Regardless to our unrest.
What will instigate an oppressive haunting
because I feel one commencing
With no more tears to solve nothing
I need to perpetuate this useless cycle
And allow my nothingness to do just that

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widgety Widgetson

About Me

My photo
http://hollyberryness.tumblr.com

Latest Twitter Update

    follow me on Twitter

    Creepers.