& these words are all mine.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

But Nothing Could Be Everything

you barraged my life softly, swiftly
like a seismic storm, undetected, deadly
the memory of the fall remains most piercing of all
like a suicidal tumble toward a concrete embrace
that we faced with a lover's conviction
then your suffering swept over me in tsunami waves
and suffocating from rabid heartbeats i did nothing
there was nothing i could do
courage seems a false friend
crawling on the floor for scraps
i was brave, you were confident
but there was nothing i could do
the arms that should absorb your pain
are petrified lumps of things
having once been worthy they now only serve to remind me
that destiny was never written or sealed
the notion is false, and unforgiving
my tears escape from a smoldering fire i know to be me
but only relatively
they, too, relieve nothing
but in this valley of darkened hopes and charcoal dreams
i recite vows to each and every thread that stitched your skin
in a newly found realism i claim forever
i sneak in open wounds and spread thin
in your veins, there is nothing i can do, save this:
forge myself unto you
to ravage fate, to boldly redecorate
our sanity depends on this escape from nothingness
i don't know how to let go
i cannot return to being a singular soul
i feel as if i failed you once, but never again
know me as yours, until i am cast aside
until the end, i will know you as mine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widgety Widgetson

About Me

My photo
http://hollyberryness.tumblr.com

Latest Twitter Update

    follow me on Twitter

    Creepers.