& these words are all mine.

Monday, April 19, 2010

No Cure

There is no cure for humanity.
There is no soul-searching,
Soul-splitting,
Spirit-awakening epiphany
That will unburden a heavy heart
Or wane painfully lengthened thoughts.

Some may escape plagues and cancers,
Some may dodge infectious wars and disasters;
Many survive on minimal knowledge and dubious answers,
But no one can evade humanity,
Not now,
Not ever.

Though one may have no disorders,
Diseases,
Or diagnosable inflictions,
There is still no cure for humanity,
And for this I am afflicted.

In spite of all the mountains I’ve scaled,
All the delicate misfortunes I’ve faced,
I cannot elude the human race
And for this alone I feel a terminal disgrace.

Save my own internal misery I’ve known no tyranny,
And before you I knew nothing of true tragedy.
I’m sorry,
I cannot fix humanity;
What exists in you also exists in me,
Exists in everybody.
There is hardly margin between us, you see,
Since we are all created equally.

Having emerged from wombs of common decree
We’ll be continually defined by humanity,
Perpetually confined by prewritten destiny,
Begrudgingly consumed in solemn anonymity,
Just singular beings among a great many,
Surviving lives of solitude as part of a whole:
Never apart,
Always alone,
Never autonomous,
Always condoned.

So I wonder,
And I wander,
As a fraction of a piece whose entirety is discreet.
For today, if only,
Offer to me the strength I need,
Lend me your perspective so I may see
A new shadow cast on this thing called humanity.
Something tells me this is all we need
To succeed for today with a little relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widgety Widgetson

About Me

My photo
http://hollyberryness.tumblr.com

Latest Twitter Update

    follow me on Twitter

    Creepers.