& these words are all mine.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Trust, Finally

Finally I trust in love,
'Cause love, I trust in you.
I trust we’ll find our way;
Most lovers wander, without aim,
But I know we’ll find our way.
I know, I trust,
I believe you and I will triumph,
Even despite the time we spent dismantled -
Nevermore, nevermind,
Humankind will someday recognize
That ours is a love
Found is psalms, songs and sonnets,
Proclaimed by poets,
Delicately sewn into sunsets
And throughout the bloom of springtime.
New & renewed by a golden sunshine,
I feel everlasting;
Quitting myself was easy this time.
Happily derailed from my habitual life,
I was mundanely lame,
A beast of a thing.
No, I never knew a truth like this,
I trust in love like never before.
I trust myself simply, wholly,
With a cosmic force -
I divorced the false center of my core,
And I adored you more as I was dying.
Then at your word, I soared,
I enveloped us in life once more,
Absorbed into each and every pore
I feared your breath for the briefest moment,
But found that exhaled, I am pure,
With a trust for us more powerful than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widgety Widgetson

About Me

My photo
http://hollyberryness.tumblr.com

Latest Twitter Update

    follow me on Twitter

    Creepers.