& these words are all mine.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Rebirth

One foot after the other,
I devoured the alien territory in front of me;
I took a walk around, for hours exploring the geography,
Every street corner I stalked unaware,
Noting each lightpost, mailbox, and graffitied sidewalk square.
The scenery changed, and,
Eventually my journey ended where I began.
Finally, this was enough,
To make me feel okay
With this vast expanse we rely on to exist.
To have you so close at heart when you're far away
Is more than mere chance or consequence.
Gratefully, as I toured my own city,
I accomplished a feat I never thought I'd achieve;
I escaped the bonds of my pride-muddled mind,
In my sacrifice I learned that I was living a pitiful lie:
This whole time I was forged, I was plagiarized.
And in the moment I overcame my self-obsession
You were there with a tender expression
As a sum of all my aimless searching;
In your eyes I lost grasp of my former insecurities.
I could say I found my way,
But this would not be sufficient enough -
I shed a shell the devil himself was far too fond of.
After all the unattentive wandering I've done
My sobering assessment conquered my inhibitions.
Now as I relive my awakening through these words,
I feel cured,
For still I feel you near me.
And now that I see what I used to be,
How else could I say:
That mind, body and soul,
I'm amazed at how you've captured me so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widgety Widgetson

About Me

My photo
http://hollyberryness.tumblr.com

Latest Twitter Update

    follow me on Twitter

    Creepers.